his BBC News article about the ‘Pub Quiz’ school curriculum is spot on. Pumping useless facts into kids is not the way to go. Showing them potential careers and jobs will inspire them to achieve at school, not actively making lessons more boring.
I don’t want this blog to turn into constant Michael Gove bashing, but we can’t let him continue on a path of making school irrelevant and tedious (for kids and teachers!).
The curriculum needs to be brought to life by bringing employers and specialists into schools not by introducing yet another raft of pointless targets and inspections. Enough already.
- Michael Gove labels professors critical of new curriculum as ‘bad academia’ (guardian.co.uk)
- NUT attacks Gove’s ‘pub quiz curriculum’ (thetimes.co.uk)
- Teachers pass vote of no confidence in Education Secretary Michael Gove (standard.co.uk)
- Hello Michael Gove, Goodbye Education (lucypedrick.wordpress.com)
- National News: Teachers slam ‘pub quiz’ curriculum (coventrytelegraph.net)